Re: Re: CULT: Sytemic insecticides and pollinators

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] Re: CULT: Sytemic insecticides and pollinators
  • From: Carol Canfield <Carolcc5@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 00:02:40 -0700 (PDT)

Yes, I remember the 'flit'!   ; )

Nicotine sulphate was an excellent garden poison as
anyone who reads a very old garden guide will find
out.  It was recommended to me by a rosarian a few
years back when I expressed a desire to not use
polluting and dangerous organophosphates.  Of course
it is toxic to people and can kill but has a low
residual effect and if used and stored with care, ie.
locked-up, it is a good idea.  Wonder if the feds
banned it because you could poison people with it or
is there some other reason I don't know about?
Perhaps I've put my keyboard in my mouth, too?

Carol, Spicewood, TX  (Austin area)