Re: OT:Bio: Laurie Flynn / Book query

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] OT:Bio: Laurie Flynn / Book query
  • From: Laurie Flynn <amnemachin@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 07:30:14 -0700 (PDT)

Jeff and Carolyn -

 Thanks very much for the warm welcome, and all the helpful information!!
Yes, I've been following the thread about how close to plant seeds.  I
just wasn't sure if I should plant them outside before winter, or in the
spring.  I've seen messages about folks keeping seeds in the freezer, but
that must be just to keep them from germinating until fall planting.

 I know the USDA maps indicate a somewhat warmer area for me, but I'm on
an open, windy hill where the temps routinely hit -10 to -20 in the
winter, not including windchill.  I figure the windchill puts me down into
zone 3 at times; most of the time it's zone 4.  I should probably just
call it zone 4, though.

 Will definitely check out the WOI and Shear books.  Once again, thanks so
much for your friendly help!

Laurie Flynn
Raymond, ME
Zone 4