Re: Cult: TBs: Sulfur

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] Cult: TBs: Sulfur
  • From: "Eleanor Cecchini" <eleanore@mb.sympatico.ca>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 21:36:43 -0500

Last year was also a year of lots of rain here.  Near the end of the season,
I noticed moss growing at the end of one of my iris beds.  I sprinkled
garden sulfur on those irises (there are only SDB's in that area), and they
bloomed amundo this year, with no sign of rot.

This year, it rained even more!  I did sprinkle the sulfur again after they
had all bloomed, but must admit I haven't had time to check those irises for
rot as yet.  Too busy moving the irises out of the nursery beds, to make
room for all the new irises rec'd and about to be rec'd.

Next year, I'm gonna take it easy!  Like, I say that every year around this
time....

El, near Winnipeg
Manitoba, Canada Z3