Cult: TBS: Sulfur

I have lost all three of my clumps of Celebration Song here in the Valley of
Sweat this summer.  If "beauty is in the eye of the beholder", Celebration
Song is the prettiest flower I have ever seen.  If "beauty is as beauty
does", it is the ugliest.  It rots.  It pineapples.  It blooms out.  Before
rot finished it off, I dug and disinfected two rhizomes.  One I sent to our
son in Washington, where I hear it is doing well.  One I took to our
mountain cabin which is twenty degrees cooler than here.  There it quit
rotting and started to multiply.  I have never had any soft rot at the
cabin.  Here in the high heat and frequent showers, I have also lost Liaison
and Cloudia.  I blame my Golden Retriever for the latter.  She wandered into
the iris bed and lay down on it.  I should have dug and treated it at once.
I tried to give it first aid where it was, and that wasn't enough.  The rot
got it.  I will probably replace all these.  If I can learn how to get
Celebration Song through these summers, I will have a big problem solved.
Francelle Edwards,  Glendale, AZ

Monitoring Service trial
http://us.click.yahoo.com/M8mxkD/bQ8CAA/ySSFAA/2gGylB/TM