Re: CULT:deer et al.

  • Subject: Re: CULT:deer et al.
  • From: dave2943@yahoo.com
  • Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 23:34:58 -0000

> > My biggest fear is that the well-known deer population will
decimate my
> > plants as soon as I set them in the ground.  Can anyone help me
with
> > natural methods for deterring them?

We have a high population of white tail deer in our area and have
more problems with them eating my shrubs that flowering plants like
day lilies and iris.
They really did a number of a yew that was growing near my deck and
browse the tips off my raspberry canes but appear to have left the
other plants alone.
I have been growing iris, day lilies and hosta for about 4 years here
and have lost more plant material to them stepping on them or lying
in them.
Dave White
Just north of Kingston in Eastern Ontario where I have not had more
than 15 minutes of rain since June.

Monitoring Service trial
http://us.click.yahoo.com/M8mxkD/bQ8CAA/ySSFAA/2gGylB/TM