Re: CULT:deer et al.

  • Subject: Re: CULT:deer et al.
  • From: gibbman6@home.com
  • Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 00:26:00 -0000

--- In iris-talk@y..., laurief <laurief@p...> wrote:

Ahh, there's the rub. In NC, dogs who chase deer are cherished and
bred to it. Discussed at length locally. Normally run in packs of 15
or 20. You need to call my brother-in-law Heck, get him to ship a
Carolina redbone to ya, leave him out with the flowers, and,
guaranteed, the deer won't bother them that night. Dog will be hungry
and looking really lean in the morning, though. ;-)

Jim Gibbons
Comfy in Carolina, Zone 8A, Harvest of Memories giving a show.

In the state of MN, dogs who chase deer
> are destroyed by law. My dogs know they are not permitted to chase
> so they just lie in the yard and let out an occasional half-hearted
> or two while the deer graze nearby>
Monitoring Service trial