RE: REB: Rebloomers in Canada.

  • Subject: RE: [iris-talk] REB: Rebloomers in Canada.
  • From: "Mark, Maureen" <markm@tc.gc.ca>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 09:55:06 -0400

I think Nova Scotia is mostly zone 6 with some zone 5.  But anything that
reblooms for me would rebloom there.  The only problem may be the lack of
sun.  The Maritimes are notorious for continuous overcast days.

My reliable rebloomers are Smell the Roses (SDB), Thrice Blessed (SDB),
Precious Little Pink (IB) almost continuous this year, Champagne Encore
(IB), and Rosalie Figge (TB).  In the public gardens, lots of TBs reliably
rebloom -- Earl of Essex, Queen Dorothy, English Cottage are ones that I
recall.

Maureen
Ottawa, Ontario (zone 4)  where we're still way behind in rainfall

>      Could somebody recommend some Iris varieties that would be good
> reliable
> rebloomers in Bridgewater, Nova Scotia, Canada?
>
> Mark A. Cook
> BigAlligator@aol.com
> Dunnellon, Florida.
>

> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor