Re: HYB: iris seeds

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] HYB: iris seeds
  • From: "Jan Clark" <janclarx@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 12:33:50 +1000

>    About your lack of germination this year, what was the weather
>like?  Back in '00, I had very poor germination because we had very
>little winter.  This year was the opposite because of a colder,
>prolonged winter.

What winter? I was wearing T-shirts in the garden right up until this week.
With Spring just around the corner, it is suddenly cold, but certainly
nowhere near as cold as it can get.
Give them another year?
Cheers, Jan, Australia, zone 9, soon to be zone 8
Buds here on I. schacchtii, I. germanica and a couple of unknown dwarf
beardeds. Everything growing beautifully.

CLICK HERE to search
600,000 scholarships!