Re: Iris Description - Virgo

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] Iris Description - Virgo
  • From: laurief <laurief@paulbunyan.net>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Aug 01 22:06:51 -0000

>Can anyone tell me the full name of an iris that is called something Virgo,
>what color it is and if they know who may have it. Thanks Sylvia zone 5

There are 4 irises registered with the word Virgo in them:

SIGN OF VIRGO I1991/1990 TB
VIOLET VIRGO I1969 TB
VIRGO 1949/1939 X
VIRGO MARIA 1939 ?

Of these, I'm assuming you're seeking the rebloomer, SIGN OF VIRGO.  It
is described as, "Standards white, occasionally touched violet at tip;
Falls white, stitcheed violet on edge; beards yellow; sweet fragrance."
Sutton's offers it in their 2001 catalog.

Laurie

laurief@paulbunyan.net
http://www.geocities.com/lfandjg/
zone 3b northern MN - clay soil