Re: Cult: TBS: Sulfur

Pat, I put dial soap on them straight out of the refill bottle at the first sign of rot in June.  It seemed to help for awhile, but after a hot July rain they were rotting again.  When I dug my Celebration Song, rescued two rhizomes, and stuck them in a bucket of Clorox solution, the bucket filled with suds from Dial soap.  I have stopped some rot since then with Comet cleanser.
Francelle Edwards  Zone 9b
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: patsiris@aol.com
  To: iris-talk@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Wednesday, August 22, 2001 9:11 PM
  Subject: Re: [iris-talk] Cult: TBS: Sulfur

  Francelle, have you tried pouring 1 tbsp. of liquid Dial antibacterial or
  Softsoap anti.
  per gallon of water on the rotters before they start to rot?   Last year I
  lost all but
  one rhizome of a clump of a really nice iris.   I treated it and a few others
  I thought
  might do the same.   All have been fine so far.   One year isn't much of a
  test, but I'll
  keep doing it as long as it seems to work.
                                                                   Pat in Dallas

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

FREE COLLEGE MONEY
CLICK HERE to search