Re: Iris Description - Virgo

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] Iris Description - Virgo
  • From: Mike Lowe <mlowe@worldiris.com>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 09:20:21 -0400

At 9:58 PM -0400 8/23/01, WrightcasL@AOL.Com wrote:
>Can anyone tell me the full name of an iris that is called something Virgo,
>what color it is and if they know who may have it. Thanks Sylvia zone 5

SIGN OF VIRGO  (Lloyd Zurbrigg, R. 1990).  Sdlg. R 106 A.  TB, 37"
(94 cm), EM & RE (Sept./VA).  S. white, occasionally touched violet
at tip; F. white, stitched violet on edge; beards yellow; sweet
fragrance.  O 180-4: (H 89 AM: ((Goliath's Mate x (Grand Baroque x
(Crinkled Ivory x Autumn Sensation))) x Dawn Violet) x Skiers'
Paradise) X Earl of Essex.  Avonbank 1991.

VIOLET VIRGO (Rundlett, R. '63). E-27-R. TB, 29", E & Re, V2W. S near
pure violet; F white edged with stippling and stitching of violet.
Sass F-53-l (48-135, purple plicata x Dark Melody) X Lugano. Old
Brook '64.

FREE COLLEGE MONEY
CLICK HERE to search
600,000 scholarships!