Re: dry rhizomes

John, you have confirmed what I suspect. Have to be careful with my
ebay bids.  Have received some really nice,large and healthy plants
through ebay bidding.  This is only my first mishap. Oh well, you
live and learn.
Mary Geddis    California Sierra Nevada Foothills

--- In iris-talk@y..., John Reeds <jreeds@m...> wrote:
> Sounds like someone covering up for foisting off a load of &%@## on
you.  I
> have had a couple of vendors pull that stint with or without the
note.  For
> me, small rhizomes sometimes fade out without ever "taking".  If
they have
> fresh looking increase and healthy roots on them they may not be
too bad.
> If most of the roots appear to have died out before digging, and any
> increases are also dried out, youve been had.  You paid a regular
price for
> that stuff?  Make sure all your friends know where it came from.
> John Reeds, in sunny southern California
> > ]
> > Subject: 	[iris-talk] dry rhizomes
> >
> > Have a ??, received an iris order by mail today, iris were thin
> > dry, very small in size.  Along with the order was a note
> > stating "smaller, leaner and dryer rhizomes better withstand
> > weather."  Never heard of this before, never received such sad
> > looking rhizomes before.  Does this sound correct?
> >
> > Mary Geddis

CLICK HERE to search
600,000 scholarships!