Re: Re: CAT: Survey of Iris Suppliers - Results

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] Re: CAT: Survey of Iris Suppliers - Results
  • From: laurief <laurief@paulbunyan.net>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Aug 01 11:42:02 -0000

>Without knowing exactly how this survey was conducted, I find the results
>problematic. From my own experience with the many of the suppliers/growers
>listed, most of the high ratings seem possible while most of the low ratings
>do not seem credible. I wonder what part the number of "extras" included
>played in the results. I also wonder how accurate the results can be if as
>few as four gardeners responded for a supplier.

GardenWeb sponsors one such poll each month.  Folks who frequent
GardenWeb are invited to submit names of merchants for inclusion in a
particular poll (the new poll is on Best Mailorder Source for Carnivorous
Plants).  Once voting begins on a particular poll, anyone who wishes to
participate rates each listed merchant with whom they are familiar on a
scale of 1-10, considering all aspects of the buyer/seller/product/order
relationship.  Results of any vote conducted in this manner are going to
necessarily reflect both objective and subjective determinations on the
parts of the voters, and any such results must be interpreted within that
vague context.  It's a fun poll from which one may be able to derive some
very general impressions, but it's hardly gospel.

zone 3b northern MN - clay soil

CLICK HERE to search
600,000 scholarships!