Re: Re: CAT: Survey of Iris Suppliers - Results

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] Re: CAT: Survey of Iris Suppliers - Results
  • From: "wmoores" <wmoores@watervalley.net>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2001 11:45:20 -0500

In other words, there is a high margin of error!  I think we can all
agree on that.

 In addition to the extras, Fred Kerr mentioned, here are some other
factors that might have affected the survey.

  The size of the rhizomes.

  Were the rhizomes washed or caked with dirt?

  The packaging - did the seller buy boxes or get them from the
                     dumpsters behind the grocery stores?  Creates an
                      image problem..

   The packaging material - all excelsior, all styrofoam, or a mix.
                                      (a mix always bothers me)

    The plant labels - Had labels printed, typed, or just marked on
                            the leaves with a marks-a-lot. (I have no
                            preference)

    Method of transport - UPS or USPS

    Toe of rhizome cut to a smooth slice or just broken off.

    Fans cut too severely just to fit a small box.

    Anything else?  Am I too picky?

FREE COLLEGE MONEY
CLICK HERE to search
600,000 scholarships!