Re: Admin: Commercial adds

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] Admin: Commercial adds
  • From: "Edmund L. Castillo" <castillo@pipeline.com>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2001 13:02:27 -0400

At 09:47 AM 8/25/01 Saturday, you wrote:
>John Jones  in his most recent posting included an add for the AIS Guift
>Shop. My question is can others in their postings include links to
>commercial sources?  What do you all think about this ?
>Glenn Grigg, Raleigh, NC Zone 7

Ducking your question, I don't consider the AIS to be a commercial
group.  But I notice that Yahoo itself appends commercials to messages that
go through its hands.  I'm sure they help pay for the service, and I have
no trouble ignoring them.  I also have no trouble with postings that tell
of a particularly good or bad experience with a commercial grower,  or
identify a source for a particular cultivar,  although these, strictly
speaking, are not plugs in the sense that John's was.

Perhaps the most beneficial feature of the PC is the delete button.

CLICK HERE to search
600,000 scholarships!