Cult & seedst

  • Subject: Cult & seedst
  • From: cgdawn@cs.com
  • Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2001 19:17:47 -0000

Hi All,
I don't post often, but sure have done my share of lurking.  Thank
you regulars for making this such an interesting and educational
board.

Concerning planting of seeds.  I know some of you will think
I'm lucky for living in the good old midwest (zone 5 in Missouri) in
the good old USA. You see, I have the best of all seasons;Winter,
Spring, Summer, and Fall. All I have to do to plant my seeds is
prepare a good bed with alfalfa pellets and fertilizer dug in when
it's too hot to do anything else.  In the Fall, around Thanksgiving,
I take the dried seeds from the refrigerator, plant and cover loosely
with straw.  Then I set around the fire place and read the iris
magazines until after the January thaw at which time I check to see
if little ones are coming up.  I keep the straw on them until warm
weather comes in (Mar, Apr. May)at which time my germination rate is
pretty good.   I am a amateur hybridizer and have a serious case of
iris disease.

Does anyone else have trouble growing Beverly Sills and Mulled Wine?
I have replaced both 3 times and will not replace again.  I'm just
wondering if it is me or them!

Dean Gray
Zone 5, just south of St. Louis, Mo. at the mouth of the Mighty
Mississippi and Meramec rivers.

FREE COLLEGE MONEY
CLICK HERE to search
600,000 scholarships!