Re: Re:Seeds

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] Re:Seeds
  • From: "Jan Clark" <janclarx@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2001 11:05:52 +1000

Carryl wrote:
> > I sorta laugh to myself when a talker talks about putting seeds in
>the
> > toilet tank for xxx flushes, or in and out of the frig every day--
>that is
> > work!!!!!  I try to emulate Mother Nature--and do the seeds her way-
>-and for
> > me it works

Here in Australia, where the winters don't always get cold enough, it may
not work as well, or may take an extra year, for good germination, and you
run the risk of losing seeds from drying out in our hot summers.

From what I have read, the people who use the toilet tank method are talking
about siberian irises, so the situation is different again.
cheers, Jan Clark
Australia, zone 9 soon to be zone 8

FREE COLLEGE MONEY
CLICK HERE to search