????: Commercial adds

  • Subject: ????: Commercial adds
  • From: <billsmoot@msn.com>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2001 11:37:37 -0700

Hi!
Several of us started the old Iris-L because some old fossils on AIS did not have the foresight to realize the potential of the internet and were more interested in saving money.  That is why I donated the funds to start the first Iris-L.  Consequently, AIS was not a part, nor has it ever been a part of our group - except for the fact that a majority of us are AIS members.   Why should AIS get "special status" or free ads?  I feel that the store is a commercial arm of AIS and should be treated as such...  The AIS store should hold no special advertising status! If we do decide to allow AIS "commercials" on this list, then it is only fair to do the same for all others.  Let them sell their "foo foo" in fair competition with every other group and keep adds of this list.
BillSmoot - Portsmouth, VA

Monitoring Service trial
http://us.click.yahoo.com/M8mxkD/bQ8CAA/ySSFAA/2gGylB/TM