Re: CULT: trace elements

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] CULT: trace elements
  • From: gmbeasle@aol.com
  • Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2001 13:06:34 EDT

In a message dated 8/26/01 12:24:46 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
laurief@paulbunyan.net writes:

>  Thanks, Walter.  I have read many mentions of trace elements on this
>  list, but I am unfamiliar with such things.  Are trace elements something
>  one can find at a garden center or feed store?

Trace elements are elements like zinc, copper, iron, sodium, calcium, etc.,
that you just find really small amounts (traces) in whatever medium you are
talking about, be it soil or blood or whatever.  A lot of times these
elements are needed in very small amounts for proper growth.  For example,
sometimes if there's not enough iron in the soil, plants get yellowish.  So
you add some.

Sometimes you can get your soil tested to find out what trace elements are
there, and what ones are not. I suspect you can find stuff at the garden
center that has trace elements in it.

RosalieAnn - zone 7a (not that it makes any difference to this post)

CLICK HERE to search
600,000 scholarships!