Re: Cult & seedst

  • Subject: Re: Cult & seedst
  • From: cgdawn@cs.com
  • Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2001 19:42:28 -0000

Hi Jan,
I'm Dean Gray, I also complained about rhizomes that did not perform
well and died.  I also lost EDith Wolford after nursing her for two
years just to see her bloom.  She then died.  Your solution is a good
one, but lucky me, a cross of Frances Gaulter + Larry Gaulter
produced a good copy of EW (weaker color) that has strength and shows
promise of good growth.  Is that believable?????  What or the chances
of this????  Could that be a bee cross taking over?????  Of course
they say you never know what you'll get!!  surprise--surprise!!!

Dean Gray
Zone 5, just so of St. Louis, Mo.

 In iris-talk@y..., "Janice L. Haney" <haney@s...> wrote:
> Hi Carole,
> I have a wonderful Edith Wolford solution.... get Helen Wanner!
Helen is
> very similar in appearance (one judge thought it was misnamed), is
very
> hardy, great bloomer, and great grower in colder climates.  I
picked this
> baby up about 7 years ago at a club sale for $1, and I've been more
than
> pleased with her.  I purchased Edith 3 times, and she seems to live
but not
> bloom or thrive here in zone 4.
>
> Jan
> Saratoga Lake, NY