Re: TB: RE Cult & seedst

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] TB: RE Cult & seedst
  • From: "Mike Greenfield" <redear@infinet.com>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2001 18:03:10 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: <cgdawn@cs.com>

> Does anyone else have trouble growing Beverly Sills and Mulled Wine?
> I have replaced both 3 times and will not replace again.  I'm just
> wondering if it is me or them!
>
> Dean Gray
> Zone 5, just south of St. Louis, Mo. at the mouth of the Mighty
> Mississippi and Meramec rivers.

 Mulled Wine grows great for me. Six stalks on a two  year old plant. Twelve
fans right now and new increases on TB's are not showing here yet. Of course
If I would give it more space it might do better. I am very limited on space
and want to grow to many.
SDB's one  sq f t. TB's one and a half sq ft. My favorites and keeper TB's
get 3 sq ft. 5 fans planted in that space. I dig every two to three years. I
have raised beds with lots of compost added at planting time. Edith Wolford
grew about the same as MW. I didn't like the color combo on it.

Marky Smiths SDB's grow great for me But her other stuff does not. Kasperek
stuff does not do very good either. Batik grows like a weed.

Mike Greenfield
redear@infinet.com
SW OH Zone 5b, USA

FREE COLLEGE MONEY