Re: TB: RE Cult & seedst

  • Subject: Re: TB: RE Cult & seedst
  • From: cgdawn@cs.com
  • Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2001 23:14:45 -0000

 Hi Mike,

I think you said the magic word when you said "lots of compost at
planting time".  What kind do you use and what about the fear of rot
with the compost?  My soil is very sandy and it just don't seem to
have any "umph".  It's called river bottom top soil but it just don't
hold any water at all and has no growing power.  Any info is greatly

Dean Gray

-- In iris-talk@y..., "Mike Greenfield" <redear@i...> wrote:
> [...]
Of course
> If I would give it more space it might do better. I am very limited
on space
> and want to grow to many.
> SDB's one  sq f t. TB's one and a half sq ft. My favorites and
keeper TB's
> get 3 sq ft. 5 fans planted in that space. I dig every two to three
years. I
> have raised beds with lots of compost added at planting time. Edith
> grew about the same as MW. I didn't like the color combo on it.
> Marky Smiths SDB's grow great for me But her other stuff does not.
> stuff does not do very good either. Batik grows like a weed.
> Mike Greenfield
> redear@i...
> SW OH Zone 5b, USA

CLICK HERE to search