Re: HYB: Freezing Iris Seeds

  • Subject: Re: HYB: Freezing Iris Seeds
  • From: dave2943@yahoo.com
  • Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 00:01:37 -0000

Why isn't a method good enough or even
> more preferable that imitates as nearly as feasible the natural
state of
> what happens when a seed ripens, falls to the ground, and in time,
as winter
> comes, gradually gets cold and (if you live far enough north)
freezes and
> stays that way for a while, then warms up and begins to grow?
Much of gardening is growing things that are not normally grown in
the environment where we live.  While native plants are excellent
companions in a garden the limit in bloom and season means that we
have hybridized plants that extend both the quantity and quality of
bloom.  Because the conditions we grow them are not normal, and
because the plants themselves are not normal, the environment has to
be managed.
My thoughts anyway.
Dave White, just north of Kingston in south eastern Ontario where I
have managed to get 90 gallons of water from the downspouts in the
last three days, it's a start.

CLICK HERE to search
600,000 scholarships!