Re: AIS Checklist

  • Subject: Re: AIS Checklist
  • From: "Glenn Grigg" <gggrigg@bellsouth.net>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2001 23:41:39 -0400

Grerry Snyder wrote "The information is important, and it is copyrighted by the AIS.
The society can choose how it is to be distributed. There is
no question about that. If we disagree, it is about which
direction we should nudge the AIS about future availability
of the data.

I share your wish that all users of the data be AIS members.

I must disagree with Gerry's viewpoint. AIS is the recording Society for iris introductions for the WORLD and as such the data is avaliable to the World. I am not saying that the data should be free, but a scientist in Japan or Russia should not be required to join AIS to get the international registration data.

Glenn Grigg, Raleigh, NC Zone 7

CLICK HERE to search
600,000 scholarships!