Re: dry rhizomes

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] dry rhizomes
  • From: John Jones <jijones@usjoneses.com>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2001 22:01:54 -0700

Paul Tyerman wrote:
> There has been numerous discussions on this list about the fact that
> big
> lush healthy rhizomes rot far quicker than the smaller drier sources.

A couple of things here. First of all it is not true for all sections of
the US that "big lush healthy rhizomes rot far quicker than the smaller
drier sources."

And I think the archives reflect that. There are too many environments
to make such broad claims.

> Before you slam Ebay for what it sells.

eBAy does not sell anything. Individuals use the eBay service.

And the complaint was that the individual selling the rhizomes said
"smaller, leaner and dryer rhizomes better withstand extreme weather."

Which I think is a groundless claim. For one thing, there are all sorts
of extreme weather environments.

USDA zone 8/9 (coastal, bay)
Fremont, California, USA
Visit my website at: