Re: CAT: commercial ads

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] CAT: commercial ads
  • From: John Jones <jijones@usjoneses.com>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2001 23:24:10 -0700

BigAlligator@aol.com wrote:

> AD:  Iris related advertisements
> Cat:   Iris catalogs and discussion of commercial nurseries
> ADMIN:  List administration issues. [Reserved for List Owner.]

Of all the weekends to be off doing other iris stuff and other non-iris
stuff. I have been missing all the fun.

Yes, iris related ads are appropriate on the list, and have been since
the inception of the original list, Iris-l. I was not one of the
founders of iris-l but was one of the very early members (number 24 or
25 I think). However, when iris-talk opened its doors because the ISP
for iris-l went down for a month and then wanted to raise the price for
service unreasonably, I adopted the same set of policies and subject
tags that Tom had established for iris-l.

I don't consider a link in my or anyone's signature to be an ad.
Unfortunately Yahoo seems to be getting more and more clever about
inserting their own ads...

http://www.AISGiftShop.com

USDA zone 8/9 (coastal, bay)
Fremont, California, USA