Re: Re: CAT: Bonus Irises

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] Re: CAT: Bonus Irises
  • From: Bill Shear <wshear@hsc.edu>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 09:02:25 -0400

On 8/26/01 10:55 PM, "wmoores" <wmoores@watervalley.net> wrote:

> "Oh, what a dog!  I am giving
>> that one as a bonus."
>> Carole, Kansas, Zone 5
> Some time back, there was a discussion here as to the quality of irises
> specifically introduced as bonuses.  We discovered that quite a number of
> Schreiner bonuses had won awards.  INDIGO PRINCESS has an AM.

Two other Schreiner "bonus babies" that are of superb quality are LUXOR GOLD
and DEVILS LAKE.  I find that they surpass the front-line intros of many
other hybridizers.  But I'm a little disappointed that Schreiners' usually
drops these varieties after just a year or two unless, as you say, they win

Bill Shear

CLICK HERE to search
600,000 scholarships!