Re: AIS: checklist

  • Subject: Re: AIS: checklist
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@icx.net>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 12:16:36 -0400

<If the directors supported this project
then surely AIS could have given the project a set of books that could
been torn apart and the appropriate pages mailed to people to assist.
might have cost the Society $100 but the job might already have been

What a great idea!  Seems pretty obvious now that you've said it, but I
hadn't thought of it before.  No need for the Society to buy a whole
set.  I would gladly donate/buy one new volume to be torn assunder, plus
3 are already or nearly completed.  The more editors the merrier,
regardless of how fast it would go, plus shredding the book sounds like
a wonderful stress reliever.

An even better idea would be to Xerox a copy, enlarging the the print in
the process to fill a standard 81/2 x 11 sheet.  It would make it much
easier to read & use for editing.

John, you want me to buy a copy of the 1950s checklist to dismember?  Or
maybe we could volunteer to copy/enlarge copies to be mailed as the need

Then we would quickly run into all the problems to be resolved re: the
pre-1950s volumes (scanning the hard copy, figuring out how to
update/reformat to make it compatible with more recent checklists).

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8

CLICK HERE to search
600,000 scholarships!