Re: CAT: commercial ads

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] CAT: commercial ads
  • From: cathycampi@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 16:59:21 EDT

In a message dated 8/25/01 10:13:13 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
BigAlligator@aol.com writes:

Did you mean other kinds of ads?  I don't have the rest of the
guidelines in front of me, but this is an iris forum, so if it doesn't
have something to do with iris, it doesn't belong here. >>

     I dug up some information on this I had printed out.  This is what it
says on the issues and subject tags:

AD:  Iris related advertisements
Cat:   Iris catalogs and discussion of commercial nurseries
ADMIN:  List administration issues. [Reserved for List Owner.]

     John may could clarify this some, but I am under the impression that
Iris related ads are legal on this list.  Since "ADMIN" belongs only to the
List Owner, I will always change the tag before replying, and will not use
said tag myself.

John very wisely set up this list to strip attachments from messages saving
us from a flood of banner ads. Links are unobtrusive and my delete key takes
care of  AD:'s I don't want to read.

I would be delighted to see pictures of new introductions posted to
Iris_Photos. They could be considered ads but would be of interest to a lot
of list members.After all, the second most frequent reply to a new seedling
picture is when are you going to introduce it.

We have many wonderful sources here in California and in nearby Oregon so I
don't order a lot of catalogs from other areas. Pictures and comments from
members such as Mssrs Black,Chapman and Moores really showed me I was missing
a lot of good iris.

Cathleen Campi
Hot and barren Stockton Ca Zone 9b

FREE COLLEGE MONEY