Re: AIS: Awards

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] AIS: Awards
  • From: Arnold Koekkoek <koekkoek@mtcnet.net>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 13:27:10 -0500

I think I picked the right year to show YAQUINA BLUE back in late May.  I won Best of  Show with it, now YB gets the Dykes.  Is that good timing or what?   Do you think maybe I helped to impress a judge!?  Seriously, it's a really worthy Dykes winner in my non-judge opinion, not only because it made a great show stalk but because of the way it performs in the garden:  lots of stalks, lots of increase, very vigorous and very sturdy.  Certainly out-performs some other recent winners in my garden and others I've seen around this area.
Arnold

Arnold & Carol Koekkoek
38 7th Street, NE
Sioux Center, IA 51250