OT-Humor: AIS: Dykes 2002 and Other Rabble-rousing

  • Subject: OT-Humor: AIS: Dykes 2002 and Other Rabble-rousing
  • From: Sandy Ives <rives@home.com>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 08:48:24 -0400

At this point, there will be six Wister Medal winners that won't get the
Dykes and only three Cook-Douglas Medal winners that won't get the
Dykes.  Fair is fair.

(Hmmmm, one gets the Dykes, two drop off due to eligiblity, leaving
six.  Three get added to the remaining six.  Repeat ad nauseum, right

Of course, that is somewhat misleading:

a) It assumes none of the currently eligible Cook-Douglas Medal winners
won't get the Dykes in future years.  In which case there will be seven
Wisters that won't get the Dykes, but, more obviously...

b) It ignores the obvious.  Only one C-D is awarded each year, as
opposed to three Wisters.

So, how about that poll?

Sandy Ives in Ottawa (and Baltic Star did not bloom first year here, so
it owed me!)

P.S. Note my spelling of 'Humor' in the subject line and not the far
more elegant spelling 'humour'.  I had to override my spell cheque.  ;-)

CLICK HERE to search
600,000 scholarships!