Re: OT-HumoUr: AIS: Dykes 2002 and Other Rabble-rousing

  • Subject: Re: OT-HumoUr: AIS: Dykes 2002 and Other Rabble-rousing
  • From: "Ellen Gallagher" <ellengalla@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 16:38:02 -0000

--- In iris-talk@y..., Sandy Ives <rives@h...> wrote:

> At this point, there will be six Wister Medal winners that won't get
>the Dykes and only three Cook-Douglas Medal winners that won't get
>the {American} Dykes.

>(Repeat ad nauseum, right Ellen?)

Duh. Methinks you are one off of your math but we will split the
difference. :-)

 > b) It ignores the obvious.  Only one C-D is awarded each year, as
> opposed to three Wisters.

Yawn. zzzzzzz

>So, how about that poll?

And? So?

>Sandy Ives in Ottawa (and Baltic Star did not bloom first year here,
>so it owed me!)

Baltic Star was a first year bloomer here and only got better the
second year.

> P.S. Note my spelling of 'Humor' in the subject line and not the far
> more elegant spelling 'humour'.  I had to override my spell cheque.

Fear not - I corrected it in the subject title. I live too close to
Canada, she mumbles. ;-)

Ellen Gallagher / New Hampshire
45 F. degrees this morning...
Zone