Re: td

  • Subject: Re: td
  • From: "Ellen Gallagher" <ellengalla@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 17:13:05 -0000

--- In iris-talk@y..., THEO1415@a... wrote:

>Can anyone direct me to the list of the most popular irises this or
>last year?

I think there is no such list in existence. We only have the Tall
Bearded Symposium which is, of course, flawed by its very nature, i.e.
limited to only one class of registered iris in the AIS. This
symposium is sent out and paid for by the AIS not the Tall Bearded
Society, indidentally.

There was  an extensive thread on the symposium on this forum this
summer - check the archives.

Perhaps you could glean some info by going to the 'official' AIS web
page and exploring the world of irises (no pun intended) and seeing
what the winners of the various classes have been through the years
and extrapolating that into a list. Explore the various web pages of
the sections and cooperating societies. Also, look to other countries
(U.K.,etc.) to see what they sell and grow unless you are only
concerned with the North American iris trade.

Ellen Gallagher / Northern New Hampshire
Zo

Monitoring Service trial
http://us.click.yahoo.com/M8mxkD/bQ8CAA/ySSFAA/2gGylB/TM