Re: Re: AIS: Dykes 2002 and Other Rabble-rousing

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] Re: AIS: Dykes 2002 and Other Rabble-rousing
  • From: "Jim Gibbons" <gibbman6@home.com>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 19:18:43 -0400

The Hartman's wrote......

----- Original Message -----
From: The Hartman's <rwhdlh@oceana.net>
To: <iris-talk@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Wednesday, August 29, 2001 8:13 PM

> some more rabble rousing---you can bet if an iris survives and produces in
> its first year of planting here in Michigan that it will be a vigorous
> producer elsewhere.

Noooooot necessarily...everywhere is a big place. I have sand,sand,sand
also, but I don't have Zone 5. Baltic Star may not like it here. Ellen, my
new acquaintance from my home state, who can barely contain herself with
anything TB,  lives in an ice box and apparently enjoys it enough to stay.
Zone 3, I think. It was 45F there this (or yesterday) morning. August 30th.
Been there.  But I'm game to try Baltic Star next year. Any news on BS from

Jim Gibbons
NC Coast, Zone 8a and sandy

CLICK HERE to search
600,000 scholarships!