Re:Baltic Star

  • Subject: Re:Baltic Star
  • From: Bill Shear <wshear@hsc.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 08:47:02 -0400

On 8/30/01 10:15 PM, "vince lewonski" <vincelewonski@yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- Jim Gibbons <gibbman6@home.com> wrote:
>> Any news on BS from
>> California?
>>

>  V. sez:
>  As straight lines go, this is just too easy...

Sure is.  But I'll play it straight.  I saw Baltic Star a year ago this past
spring in Jay Hudson's garden in Ft. Bragg, CA, and it was looking great.
In fact, I took more pictures of this iris on my northern California trip
than any other.  And that's no BS, or my initials aren't......ah.....hmn....

Bill Shear
Department of Biology
Hampden-Sydney College
Hampden-Sydney VA 23943
(434)223-6172
FAX (434)223-6374
email<wshear@email.hsc.edu>
Moderating e-lists:

"Let the mature rich wear the rags and insufficient clothing; let the infant
poor wear the purple and fine linen.  I shudder when I think of the fate of
innoncence.  Our charitable institutions are an insult to humanity.  A
charity which dispenses the crumbs that fall from its overloaded tables,
which are left after its feasts."  --Henry David Thoreau, Journals, January
28, 1852.

FREE COLLEGE MONEY
CLICK HERE to search
600,000 scholarships!