Re: CULT: Baltic Star - not a blue iris

  • Subject: Re: CULT: Baltic Star - not a blue iris
  • From: "Ellen Gallagher" <ellengalla@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 14:44:43 -0000

--- In iris-talk@y..., alhbee@a... wrote:

>I got Baltic Star in 2000 and it bloomed this spring. I guess I
>don't  have a thing for blue iris.

Al - BALTIC STAR is not a blue iris..the description in the checklist:

TB, 34" (85cm), M. S. deep purple black (deeper than RHS 79A), lighter
area around midrib; F. same, with white wash beginning at beard and
blending to solid purple black rim, hafts touched deep brown; beards
deep brown violet. Wagontrail Night X Night Lady. Stahly 1994

The white wash on the deep purple black, to my eye, is what makes it
the distinctive iris it is. It also is not a very tall TB - just makes
a significant statement in the garden. One of my favorite TBs...I
wrote to Hal after seeing it at a convention and ordered it. It is a
wow flower.

Ellen Gallagher
NOT in an ic

Monitoring Service trial