TB: help - Aaron's Bluebells

I've gotten a couple of offlist notes asking why I'm interested in
AARON'S BLUEBELLS & why I'd like to see a photo if anybody has one they
could post.

So rather than explaining several times, I'll just post an explanation

Phil Williams' Rockytop Gardens is introducing ICY WINDS, a TB from
Marvin Davis (I think he's in Illinois?) that is SILVERADO X AARON'S

Because I'm after tough guys for my pollen daubing, I look at pedigrees
first, location of hybridizer (climate of seedling selection) second,
then the rest.  SILVERADO doesn't do very well in our area, but Phil
says ICY WINDS is a better performer "inheriting the flower form of its
mother and its great garden habits from its dad".  The photo in his ad
in Tall Talk looks nice.

Knowing that Phil's catalog comments don't always match exactly with my
experiences here, but having wished for some SILVERADO form genes, I
thought I'd investigate.

I looked up AARON'S BLUEBELLS in the checklist and it says (among other
things) that it has wide, overlapping falls.  Unusual for an iris of
that era.  So I'm curious - if it has 'great garden habits', surely it's
still being grown. And if it's a tough one, I might try it here.  Or I
might just try ICY WINDS.  No offspring from it are listed in the online
checklist, so maybe it's grotesque looking, or isn't all that tough, or
has other faults, or maybe it just never got much distribution.

So, mostly, I'm just curious.

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8