In a message dated 8/4/2005 6:29:54 A.M. Central Standard Time,
tesilvers@yahoo.com writes:

<<It's soooo hot and humid, and the ground is soooo dry, that I  don't even
want to think about going out there to  plant.>>

I finally gave up this week and put all of mine in pots and set them in
semi-shade.  I don't have trees so they are sitting under carports and in  the
afternoon shade of other pots, etc. But I do dread moving them from  pots to soil
Some, ones I've lost before, will stay in the pots.  Sometimes an iris  that
doesn't grow well here will give children that thrive and do well.   EDITH
WOLFORD is a good example in my garden.  She's till growing in that  large pot.
She's on the wrong side of the car port and doesn't get much  water, but,
being a lady, she's not complaining!

Betty W. in  South-central KY Zone 6
Bridge In Time Iris Garden@website: