RE: OT Benefits of an Iris garden

Hi,
Lets try a whole new line of thinking.

What are the benefits of having and maintaining an
Iris Garden?

1.  The aesthetic value for me is unparallel, when
the flowers are in bloom of course but when there
are just leaves too.
2.  I have learned a great deal here on the chat
and just working in my garden with Iris.
3.  Physically I am healthier than I have been
since I left the farm I grew up on.
    a.  Two years ago I had 6 yards of dirt
brought in and I moved it all slowly, maybe two
wheelbarrow loads at a time.
         Now, today I moved twenty five loads, 5
five loads and then a rest and then 5 more, etc.
4.  I have learned to enjoy one of the most
versatile flowers in the world.
5.  I have met some of the nicest people in the
Iris world.
6.  Your addition!

Char, New Berlin, WI