Re: RE: OT Benefits of an Iris garden

In a message dated 8/4/2005 8:42:31 P.M. Central Standard Time,
cholte@wi.rr.com writes:

<<Hi,
Lets try a whole new line of thinking.

What are  the benefits of having and maintaining an
Iris Garden?

1.  The  aesthetic value for me is unparallel, when
the flowers are in bloom of  course but when there
are just leaves too.
2.  I have learned a  great deal here on the chat
and just working in my garden with  Iris.
3.  Physically I am healthier than I have been
since I left  the farm I grew up on.
a.  Two years ago I had 6 yards  of dirt
brought in and I moved it all slowly, maybe two
wheelbarrow  loads at a time.
Now, today I moved  twenty five loads, 5
five loads and then a rest and then 5 more,  etc.
4.  I have learned to enjoy one of the most
versatile flowers  in the world.
5.  I have met some of the nicest people in the
Iris  world.
6.  Your addition!>>

6.  Take up hybridizing so you can talk about irises 12 months out of  the
year!

7.  When I mention I'm addicted people just nod their heads and say,  "We
know!"  Especially those that share the addiction!

Betty W. in  South-central KY Zone 6
Bridge In Time Iris Garden@website: