Re: Gardening and depression

I was wondering if the moth balls had any detrimental effect on your plants. I bought some this spring but chickened out for fear the moth balls might do as much harm to the plants as the vole, moles, gophers, chipmunks and deer I fight. So far the Groundhogs have stayed in the woods.  Sometimes i don't know whether gardening is making me depressed or keeping me from it. But ever spring I get excited anew, and disappointed again and again.

IrisladyLJobe@aol.com wrote:Barbara,
When I lived in Houston I had the same problems with armadillos. I had to
redo flower beds every morning. Then I decided to try putting moth ball under
the mulch in the rose beds and the armadillos didn't go back so I sprinkled
them in the other beds after I replanted and that
was the last I saw of the armadillos!

Leslie Jobe
Owensboro, KY
region 7, zone 6