Re: Re: Gardening and depression

We started getting armadillos here about 4yrs ago.  I grew up in this
area and hadn't seen any before that.  Now they litter the roads, like
someone else said, they don't have good eyesight and lots end up as
roadkill.  Mostly they stay out of the iris, but the fields are littered with
those wedge shaped holes.  I raise pheasants and chickens and when
they decide to get into a pen they just burrow underneath.  They don't
harm the birds, but they allow for other things to get in there.  I hope
they stay out of the iris here, I can only imagine the havock they'd cause.
I'm pretty far north (SW MO) compared to you Linda, so watch out, they
could be on the way.  It looks like they've crossed the mississippi.  You
might need to copy/past this link.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-
0503180231mar18,1,3428288.story
Will Warner