To: <iris@hort.net>
Sent: Saturday, August 06, 2005 3:36 PM
Subject: Re: [iris] Gardening and depression

I was wondering if the moth balls had any detrimental effect on your plants. I bought some this spring but chickened out for fear the moth balls might do as much harm to the plants as the vole, moles, gophers, chipmunks and deer I fight. So far the Groundhogs have stayed in the woods. Sometimes i don't know whether gardening is making me depressed or keeping me from it. But ever spring I get excited anew, and disappointed again and again.