Re: OT: Mothballs and other deterrents

    My elderly neighbor lady of several years ago regularly used mothballs in
her vegetable garden to discourage the rabbits.  It seemed to save her beans,
and I never noticed that there was any effect on any plants.  Linda Mann
referred to possible rabbit depredation of tulips.  If it is rabbits I have an
easy, cheap, and effective solution.  Beat up a couple eggs, stir that into a
watering can full of water, and pour onto the tulips.  Works on beans,
cabbage, any vegetable, too.  And it doesn't wash off in every rain.  I guess
they don't like the smell of eggs, or maybe it's taste, but it really does the
job.  I have no idea if it would repel other creatures like deer, let alone
armadillos!
Arnold

Arnold & Carol Koekkoek
38 7th Street, NE