<<Linda [Mann] and others speak of reaching back into
>the  collection of hardy, healthy survivors among the
>historics as co-parents  with the superlative modern,
>but often difficult,>>
Another hybridizer that reached back to the historics for strength was  Roger
Nelson.  He introduced BLUE MONTANA SKY from FULL TIDE in 1994.   I didn't
grow BMS and wonder, does anyone still grow it?
More than anything I'm wondering if anyone is in contact with Roger.
Somehow I managed to lose his address and lost contact about 5 years  ago.  I know
it was at least 2 years, maybe more, after he moved  back to California.  He
was having a hard time finding space to grow  his irises, if I remember
correctly. No introductions for 10 years  now.
Anyone know how Roger is doing?  Answer off-list.

Betty W. in  South-central KY Zone 6
Bridge In Time Iris Garden@website: