Re: [TB] Descriptions needed

In a message dated 8/9/2005 5:01:38 PM Central Daylight Time,  appleb@cut.net

I made  it into the big city for my first iris sale and auction on
Saturday and  had a fun time (thanks to Susan Boyce for telling me about
it).  This  was the Utah Iris Society/AIS Region 12 sale.  Brad Kasperek
was the  auctioneer, which made for lively bidding.  Don Pinegar was
there  more or less giving away seedlings, of which I got a good
sampling.   Looking forward to seeing what they turn into.  A very
friendly group  of irisarians was there (calling to mind one of the
comments about the  benefits of iris gardening).  It appears the sale was
a big  success.  Out on the sale tables I picked up a few iris I can't
find  complete information about:

Argentine Tango (2000  reg.)
ARGENTINE TANGO (Darlene Pinegar R. 2000) TB, 31", EM,  Lightly ruffled light
peach, F. with medium apricot hafts; beards medium yellow,  tangering in
throat, fuzzy short medium yellow horn sometimes  present

Bride's Lace (1977)--lacy white with salmon pink beards  (hybridizer?)
(O. Julander, R. 1977). Sdlg. J70-86-1. TB 30-32"  (76-81 cm) ME-ML.
"Heavily laced white self; red beard. (All Eternity x  Celestial Snow) X
Valentina., Tell 1978. "

Chico (1987 reg.)
only can find -
(W. Luihn R. 1985). Sdlg. 79-23. TB 38" (97 cm) M-L.
"S. pale blue (M&P 41-A-2) shading slightly deeper (41-AB-8) at base;  F.
pale blue (41-A-3 to 41-A-5); blue beard tipped bronze in throat; waved and
lightly ruffled; slight sweet fragrance. 77-2: (Contempo x Five Star Admiral)  X
Song of Norway., Keppel 1985. "

Christian (2001 reg.)

Darelene Pinegar  R. 2001) TB, 33", EM, S. brown maroon; style arms golden
brown; F. maroon black  markings on yellow haft becoming solid at and beyond end
of burnt orange beard;,  petal edge lighter; lightly ruffled, flared, slight
sweet  fragrance.

Lightning Strike (Lange 97)--"purple"

(Anthony Lange, R. 1994). Sdlg. 4-88-15. TB 30" (76  cm) M & RE.
"S. violet (near RHS 86A); style arms violet; F. velvety  purple violet (near
82) with metallic overlay, edged S. color, veining around  beards; beards old
gold, white base, broad purple violet flounce; lightly  ruffled; pronounced
sweet fragrance. Sky Hooks X Spinning Wheel., Camicot  Acres 1997. "

I'd  appreciate the missing info, or any additional info, if anyone has
some.  My stay in Salt Lake City was unintentionally extended for  three
days due to a broken auto thermostat, so I'm just now getting ready  to
plant, and would like to know what I'm planting, if possible.   Thanks.

Sanpete County, Utah

Glad you had such a good time!
Rita  Gormley
Gormley Greenery