Planting Patterns

I'm digging, thinning and replanting right now.  And I'm wondering how other
irisarians plan where they plant or how they "group" irises together or in a
row.    The most obvious that I can think of are by year, hybridizer, color,
Dykes, historics.  Any ideas will be appreciated.

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/gif which had a name of IMSTP.gif]