Re: Planting Patterns

Because it seems to me that in creation's color scheme any colors match, I
never worry about getting two iris next to each other that will jar the
aesthetic senses.  So most of the time I don't pay much attention to what goes
next to what.  At the same time, clearly some juxtapositions make a more
dramatic visual impact than others, so if I have a bright yellow I like a bold
dark iris next to it.  That's not always possible, depending on what I have to
plant at a given time.  If one can make some kind of co-ordinated color scheme
it can be very effective, too, and I've seen that in some gardens.  I did it
myself a couple years ago when I did a massive replanting, by alternating
blues/purples and yellows in a bed.

Arnold & Carol Koekkoek
38 7th Street, NE
Sioux Center, IA 51250