Re: COMP: messed up ISP

This is a different sort of wierdness - my ISP uses Postini to filter
spam and viruses & they told me there has been a rash of this kind of
problem with other ISPs using Postini.  Seems to be some kind of worm?
that has hit the server that is somehow getting past its filters.

Fortunately, Postini catches the new SPAM, but I'm getting a lot of
messages telling me my password to Postini has been changed, giving the
correct webaddress to my server etc, telling me I have rejected
messages/spam/viruses on the server.

The system admin was going to try to figure out what was going on and
there haven't been any more of these wierd messages this morning, so
maybe it's fixed.

The only reason I posted is because I got a message yesterday signed
Joan Roberts wanting to know why she was receiving my email messages.

Later, I realized the return address was also on my server
(volfirst.net) so it may have been spam also - can't imagine Joan is
actually using my local east Tennessee Electric CoOp's server!

I'm trying to use this latest hiccup as motivator to quit
procrastinating upgrade my creaky ol computer....

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8