Re: CULT: Red irises & survival

Ah, the luxury of having to rip out irises to make room - the weather
this year has made that un-necessary here.  At least to make room for
new purchases.  Tho I did lay out two more 100 ft rows for seedlings.

I shall be <extremely> surprised if the first red iris is able to
survive in this climate....

<Of course, if people are committed to buying and growing only the
                   newest things, I guess they are yanking everything
out of garden all the time
                   anyway, so that on the cutting edge of the
hybridizer/consumer fandango maybe
                   there is no long haul as such.

                   Cordially,

                   Anner Whitehead